Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug. 18

I have had such a beautiful day so far today.
I woke up and had a granola bar and a bottle of water, then I sat around watching NCIS for a couple of hours.
At about, I don't know, noon? I decided I wanted some chicken for lunch and made myself a delicious lunch; chicken with tonsss of seasonings, and rice.
Once I had finished my lunch I checked my mail and texted a few friends, just being laid back.
When I looked outside I realized it was a friggin' stunnin' day! I wanted to go swimming!
I knew, however, that if I went swimming I would just lounge around in the water and not swim laps like I always say I will.
 So, instead of putting on my bathing suit and heading directly for the water, I put my suit, a towel and a book I'm reading, in my duffel bag, and threw on a huge sweatshirt, sweat pants, and my sneakers while setting my earbuds in my ears and putting on Linkin Park.
I walked down to the gym(duffel bag on my shoulder and water bottle in my hand) and headed for the treadmill.
I figured I'd only last a half mile or so, but I guess Im in better shape than I gave myself credit for(I have been riding my bike everywhere though.).
I ran a good half mile before slowing it down to a speedwalk, when I got to a mile I thought I would be tired, but like I said, I'm in decent shape apparently, so I sped it back up again and ran another half mile.
I pushed myself some more and finished off the second mile in a light jog.
I immediately stopped the machine and wiped my forehead, before heading over to the arm machines. Needless to say I spent a good hour and a half in the gym today doing various workouts; running, bench press, leg press, sit ups, lunges, etc.
After sitting down, guzzling down my entire water bottle, I thought I had earned my swim time.
I hopped up and went into the Ladies' room to change into my one piece suit.
Hurriedly, I packed away all my belongings(taking out my book), and shuffled over to the pool barefoot.

The water was perfect.

I was so thrilled to be cooling off after a good work out in such perfect conditions, I didn't notice the older couple trying to get my attention and talk to me.
They asked me about my work out, I guessed they saw me walking over to the gym wearing winter attire, I told them how it went then decided to get out of the pool and lie down with my book.
I am now back from the pool, and have taken a nice cool shower.

It's 4:28pm and I am basically done for the day, I'm munching on another FiberOne bar, and a bottle of water.

My day has been great, I love SoCal.

No comments:

Post a Comment