Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bear Lee

Bear Lee was my best friend for three and a half years. 

She and I got through everything together.
 Her parents fighting, 
her world crumbling. 
My world not going anywhere. 
We were 13 when we reconnected. Candy Cane, was a six year old girl, like me, in first grade at a Christian private school. We weren't best friends or anything, but we were there, together. After more than twice of our lifetime, at the time, had passed, she came back. I saw her and ran to her, "Candy Cane!!!" 

Candace. Bear Lee. Candy Ca(i)n(e). Bear. Blondie. 

We were both 13, we were lonely and we needed each other. Together we got through mean girls and boys, we got through everything, everything. Neither of us dated, but I got played, she cried me through it. 
She helped me up when I felt like I was the ugliest and weakest girl. 
She made me feel beautiful, she made my life better. 
We were sisters. 
Nothing about us was malicious on purpose, we rarely ever fought. 

13, 14, 15...15. 

When I was 15 and she was 14 she came with my dad and I on our semi-annual trip to Washington state. We spent 3 lovely weeks in a rain covered town, we laughed and stayed up till dawn. We ate burgers and ice cream, the two of us were inseparable. Seattle, Morton, everywhere. We had so much fun together, and then driving home my dad drown while the two of us took a dip in the lake. Chaos hit. Our parents came to get us and tried to make sure we stayed calm. 

Before you knew it we were drifting apart, but I didn't know it then. 

I was too bent on the fact that my dad was dead. 
My grades dropped, 
but she was there, 
my life was spinning out of control, 
but she was there. 

After her 16th birthday the next year, 

she wasn't there. 

I was at the worst point in my life, 
and I had no one. 
I never talked to her.

From late Sept. of 2008 to mid-March of 2009 we rarely spoke, 
and even then it was uncommon. 

After near silence from her during my 17th year of life, 
                  we are friends again. 

Its crazy to realize that. I missed her so much. 

My girl, my Bear Lee. She is my heart, always has been[no homo]. 
I would kill for her, 
die for her, 
I would do anything for her. 
She is worth it. 
She is so happy and so honest, 
she is so true and loving. 

I love her dearly, 
and I am so glad to have her back in my life. 

I'm 18 and I have my friend back. I hope, now, it will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment