Saturday, August 14, 2010

Concerning

This is concerning all who consider themselves above being nice.

Being a kind and gentle person only proves you are worth more. It shows the world there is humanity in humans after all, it gives hope to hopeless.
It's sad to me that people think they can just step all over people and not pay for it later, you will pay for the mean and nasty comments you make. People will hate you, or worse you may learn to hate yourself.
Generally this is not something I would bring up, but I think it's necessary, people have a right to tell people to watch their mouth. No one really deserves to be torn down bit by bit unless they do it to others on a regular basis, in which case I think they deserve a taste of their own medicine.
I read a book last week, about a boy who gets a shoe box full of tapes and as he listens to the first one he hears the voice of a dead student. A girl in his class committed suicide and no one really knew why. The first tape explains that anyone who got this box full of tapes gave a her a reason to kill herself, it also tells the first person what they did to her.
At first everything seems minuscule and unimportant. She seems like she's being a bit of a drama queen, and caring a bit too much about what others think of her. However, as the tapes go on the reader and this narrator get more and more disgusted with the things people have done to her and just done in general.
As you realize you haven't gotten the narrator's story you start to worry about what he did to her, how badly did he hurt her...you have to read it to find out and get the true effect.
Every. Single. Day. We affect the people around us, positively and negatively. We hurt them and make them feel special. We hope to God that we didn't do anything offensive, but there is always a chance someone has gotten hurt because of you.
Who knows, you could be one reason why someone decides living is no longer important, or relevant. I don't want to be that person. I want to make people feel loved and cared for. I want to make sure that in my life the people I both, hold dear and hardly know, aren't made to feel that I didn't treat them with utter respect and loyalty.

I urge you, and everyone, with all of my heart to read:




                TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY by Jay Asher


He is a phenomenal first time author with a knack for story-telling in a gruesomely heartbreaking, beautiful way. It's not a tremendously long read, and not a tiny book either. It's the perfect length to tell this perfect story.

No comments:

Post a Comment