Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reading list:

Anything, and everything by Sonya Sones:
What my Girlfriend Doesn't Know

Stop Pretending

One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies

What My Mother Doesnt Know

The Pretty Little Liars Series- Particularly if you like shows like Gossip Girl, or books about girls from cookie cut suburbs with dark exciting secrets :]
The author for that series is Sara Shepard
(Yes, there is also a T.V. show, and yes its the same thing, but the books make a bit more sense, age wise and stuff...)



Moving on-
My top eight(I haven't read them in some time, but they are still my favorites; obviously one will sound familiar since I've written about it, but...anyway)

In no particular order:
Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
I honestly believe every high school girl should be required to read this book, it truly is a classic, and one of the best of its time. I adore Elizabeth Bennet and of course Mr. Darcy. Its a difficult read, but totally worth it.

Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
I love, love, love this book, another one of those books every teenager should read. I mean every. This is such a masterpiece, Chbosky catches the perfect essence of the teenage spirit; the real one, not the one you watch in chick flicks(though I love those to pieces as well)

Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli
I beautiful little novel about being true to yourself. Told through a boy's point of view. Stargirl is a magnificent human being with all the glory of the angels. A very short read that I think kids and adults alike should take the time to read.

13 Reasons Why- Jay Asher
I cannot say it enough: Read this book. On a previous page I have written a summary and a book review for this stunning piece of literature. Go read it, and the book[:

Just Listen- Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen is a big hero of mine. All of her books are superb. I adore this one because of Annabel. She is such a wonderful character, so full of confusion and worry. Owen is also a big love of mine, he is the guy I want myself :D You'll fall in love with these characters; "Don't think of judge. Just listen."

The Princess Diaries(series)- Meg Cabot
Honestly, and sadly, if you aren't about fifteen and full of self-esteem issues and a total lack of confidence wanting to find someone that feel the way you do, this book series may not be right for you. Mia is amazing. This is a very big series that any teenage girl(for the most part) will enjoy the hell out of, Meg Cabot, I love you!

Water for Elephants- Sara Gruen
DONT READ IT JUST CAUSE ITS BEING MADE INTO A MOVIE!! Such a good book, really, a very very very good book! Its set in the depression era, full of wonderful characters. Sara Gruen is flawless!

The Awakening- Kate Chopin
This old time French book changed my life. I loved every moment of this excruciatingly hard read. A woman who doesn't fit anywhere, but when she finds her place her time has already passed her by. I encourage anyone who is ready to have both a little pocket dictionary and a French-to-English translation book next to them throughout the read, to read this book. 

Hope you take up some of my suggestions! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment